Let the SUNSHINE MOUNTAIN LODGE SET THE STAGE FOR A MEMORABLE HOLIDAY SEASON.
From cozy, slope-side stays at Banff’s only ski-in, ski-out hotel, to experiencing world-class skiing in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, Sunshine’s pristine Champagne powder runs set the stage for a memorable winter holiday.
A variety of on-mountain festive events and indulgences are available for the entire family and include:
- Toboganning: Ride down our specially constructed toboggan run on traditional maple wood sleds. This après-ski family activity is available to Sunshine Mountain Lodge guests, snow dependant.
- Santa in Sunshine Village: Come get your photo taken with St. Nick, main lobby of the Sunshine Mountain Lodge. Ski with Santa Strawberry Chair.
- Live Entertainment: Enjoy live music in the Chimney Corner Lounge every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening. Special New Years Eve performances.
- Torchlight Parade: On Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve guests of the Sunshine Mountain Lodge are in for a treat as Sunshine Village torchbearers illuminate the night sky as they ski down the Strawberry face with bright torches.
- Snowshoe Treasure Hunt: Have fun with the family and explore the surroundings while you collecting Sunshine treasures.
- Christmas Menu: Enjoy a special Christmas menu by Executive Chef, Kelly Yarrow at the Sunshine Mountain Lodge. The Chimney Corner does not accept reservation however it is our pleasure to take reservation for our newly renovated Eagle's Nest Bistro.
- Ring in the New Year: Join musician Shane Philip as he helps ring in the New Year with his powerful folk, reggae and blues-influenced music at the Chimney Corner Lounge and Wine Bar in the Sunshine Mountain Lodge.
- Eagle's Nest New Year's Eve Dinner: Join us in the newly renovated Eagle's Nest Bistro for a delectable three or six course menu. This experience is available exclusively in the Eagle's Nest Bistro and available only to guests of Sunshine Mountain Lodge.
- Snowshoe Tour of the Village: Once the lifts close for the evening and the stars are out, grab a pair of snowshoes and take a walk through the village. After your evening stroll, grab a steaming mug of hot chocolate fireside at the Chimney Corner Lounge.
- Movie Night: Sit back and relax with Christmas-themed movie nights in the family room.