Celebrate all the activities through the Christmas holidays and bring in the New Year in a festive, family friendly alpine atmosphere at Banff's only ski-in, ski-out hotel. 7,000 feet above ordinary, the Sunshine Mountain Lodge:
- Eagles Nest & Chimney Corner: Featuring our four-course Christmas dinner menu.
- Photos With Santa: Come to the Sunshine Mountain Lodge for a special day of photos with Santa. Dec. 22 through Dec. 25. Times: 12:00 p.m.- 1:00 p.m. at Standish & Strawberry | 1p.m. - 2:00 p.m. at Daycare. Dec 24 at the hotel front desk. Time: 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Interpertive Snowshoe Evening: (weekly, starting Dec. 17) A one-hour snowshoe hike begins outside the lodge lobby and winds its way up the mountain to offer spectacular views of the village below. Then gather round a bonfire to hear tidbits of history, facts and folklore. Snowshoes provided. December 17(6:00pm) December 24(5:00pm) with hot chocolate and bonfire.
- Ginger Bread House Workshop: Come down to the Sunshine Mountain Lodge on Dec. 17 for a special family day and create your own ginger bread masterpeice.
- Tobogganing: Ride down our specially constructed toboggan run in the village on board traditional maple wood toboggans. It's the perfect après ski activity for the family. Dec. 17 (6 p.m.) Dec. 24 (5 p.m.) Dec. 26, 28, 30 & 31 (6 p.m.) Register at front desk, reserved for Sunshine Mountain Lodge guests.
- Trivia Night: Test your skill in a variety of topics from music to movies, and politics to people. Great prizes for winning teams.
- Torchlight Parades: Dec. 24 marks Sunshine Village's Christmas Eve torchlight parade at 7:00 p.m. on Strawberry | New Years Eve Torchlight parade Dec. 31
- Live Music: Spend Dec. 29 - Dec. 30 at the Chimney Corner for live music with the Maritime Kitchen Party starting at 8:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. | New Years Eve Dec. 31 starting at 8:00 p.m. - past midnight.
- Bonfire and Star-gazing: Sit around a roaring fire and share stories and songs with the guests and staff. From our remote paradise, you’ll be amazed with the night sky.
- Board Games: We keep a supply of favourite board games, including Monopoly, Scrabble, Clue and Risk.
- Movie Night: There is popcorn and treats as we feature an early show for the kids, followed by a late show for adults. Enjoy a different theme each week, from classics to recent releases. Dec. 23 - 31.
- Trip into Town: On Friday night, you can head into Banff for the evening and catch the 10 p.m. last gondola back to the lodge. A shuttle bus is available to take you to and from the town of Banff. See the concierge for details.
At Sunshine Village, we work and play in the heart of Banff National Park, an area so special, it is part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Sunshine and Parks Canada work together to ensure snow sports have minimal impact on this unique location. Our employees, too, are actively encouraged to adopt an ethic of environmental stewardship and get the resources they need to make a difference.
Recent Environmental Awards:
- 2006 Silver Eagle Award for Excellence in Water Conservation
- 2006 The first resort in North America to be awarded the Responsible Tourism Award from Neilson Active Holidays
- 2008: Heritage Tourism Award by Banff Heritage Tourism for our unprecedented efforts to teach workers about the environmental uniqueness of Banff National Park